So, welcome, to my attempt at reviewing albums.
It will be on and off, and contain recommendations as well as reviews.
Genre's will vary as my taste does, and I'll review every album I listen to if I have nothing better to do.
Thanks for reading.

Friday 13 August 2010

The Arcade Fire - Neon Bible


Album Name: Neon Bible
Artist Name: The Arcade Fire
Album Date: 2007

Shock horror, an album from this century is being reviewed =O
Well, now that we've gotten that shock out of the way, The Arcade Fire are a critically acclaimed band, who are headlining Reading and Leeds festivals this year to support their new album (The Suburbs, which will be reviewed at a later date), and I have been told about several times.
Anyway, I saw a version of Wake Up they did with David Bowie and loved it, so decided to check them out, and I am glad I did so.
This band are phenomenal, and have a rather different set-up to the usual, featuring an accordion player and two violin players alongside their two guitarists, bassist, keyboard player and drummer, and almost all the members sing while they play to some degree, giving them quite an interesting sound, unlike most things I have heard before.

The album itself is very mellow, and not particularly loud, although it does have climax's within certain songs, they are not a typical climax, more of an emphasis in most cases, which works perfectly.
Most people view this as the bands best album, I shall judge this when I have heard more of their material.

For now, if you need to relax, or just wind down, or like mellow albums, check this out immediately.
5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment