So, welcome, to my attempt at reviewing albums.
It will be on and off, and contain recommendations as well as reviews.
Genre's will vary as my taste does, and I'll review every album I listen to if I have nothing better to do.
Thanks for reading.

Saturday 27 March 2010

First Post

So I was told to use a blog rather than DA for my album reviews so I'm Directly pasting it from DA


So, I've decided to start doing album reviews at the recommendation of a friend.

The first album I'm going with is the album Changes by Dan Le Sac Vs. Scroobius Pip.
The band themselves are two men, Dan Le Sac, someone who kicks out some really amazing beats that you can just wind down to, or get pumped to depending on the type of mood your in. And Scroobius Pip is the one rapper I will actually listen to, as his voice just flows, and he is an amazing lyricist, who doesn't just do the typical "I'm going to shoot you in the face if you touch my woman" sort of rap, and considers politics quite often in his lyrics.
This album itself covers a wide variety of topics in its songs, from fleeting loves (Cauliflower), Abused/Abusive Relationships (Five Minutes), General song-writing and writers block (Sick Tonight), A track with very few lyrics that concentrates on Dan Le Sac's amazing beats (The Beats), Politics and the country in general (Great Britain) and the youth and crime state of britain (Get Better)
With this wide variety of topics covered in the album I found myself strongly drawn into the aspects of this album, and debating the different topics in my head as I lay and listened. I also highly enjoyed every track on the album as the beats are wide and diverse, as they have clearly spent a lot of time working on this album for a wide range of song styles that will keep the listener entranced from start to finish.

After their first album, featuring such amazing tracks as the upbeat, guitar heavy Beat That My Heart Skipped, and the solemn Tommy Cooper, they had a lot to live up to, and in my opinion they have easily surpassed the majority of their last album, and I recommend this track to anyone who remotely enjoys interesting drum beats, topical lyrics, or rap of any sort, even if you don't give it a listen.

9/10 Overall

No comments:

Post a Comment